Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Looking Ahead To A New Week!



It's a New Year...



and a perfect time to plan a few things for the week!




SUNDAY...

Serving brunch on a chilly day would be so cheerful with this basket of eight glasses embellished with the happiest of pansies that seem to say "Hang on friends! Spring WILL eventually come!" They are from Gathering Vintage.




MONDAY...


How wonderful to be able to change your bed linens for the week using this luxurious vintage sheet made of linen and cotton. Textiles are such a weakness for me, and I especially love the intricately detailed embroidery work done in golden threads of wheat sheaves, love knots and flowers. From Faded Grandeur.





TUESDAY...

What a great time to start brushing up on your royal trivia skills to prepare for the upcoming nuptials of Kate Middleton to Prince William! This wonderful book captures eight decades of romance, fashion and high society by some of the most renowned photographers of the time and is perfect for a weeknight activity with a proper cup of tea! Twirl Vintage Co.




WEDNESDAY...

Hump day seems like the perfect time for a little pick me up, don't you think? Just because it's winter, doesn't mean you don't need to shield your pretty peepers from the sun, and these cute tortoise rimmed Ray-Ban Wayfarers would look smashing with all your animal prints and furs this season! These are available from Atrickey.




THURSDAY...

Reorganizing my makeup bag is definitely on the agenda this week, and this vintage train case would be a perfect replacement. I love things that have been upcycled, and this one, from Delux Retro is great looking with its new leopard print lining fabric.





FRIDAY...

Shopping for a special something for my sweetie is on the schedule for today! Maybe I'll splurge on this antique pocket watch from 1903 made by the Rockford Watch Company. Now, I don't know a lot about watches, but I know this one is stunning. The seller, A Vintage Obsession,
has lots of detailed info on this piece.




SATURDAY...

I'd love to wear this 1950's ivory cashmere cardigan out to dinner with my camel pants and silk tank...its just the right thing to throw over your shoulders in a chilly restaurant and still look sexy with a luscious mink collar to frame your face in the candlelight. Sparkling pearls and rhinestones decorate the waist and wrists. From Flashbax, this is another great example of an investment piece for your wardrobe, especially since the collar is detachable if you want to change up the look! Yummy!




What Are You Doing This Week?


--Lee Ann












5 comments:

lesapeamusings.blogspot said...

I loved this post. I gave you an award on my blog. So glad to be following.

Lisaisargi xx

Heather-Gathering Spriggs said...

what a wonderfully creative post. i love it! thanks so much for including my vintage brunch juice glasses in the mix! what an honor.

Karena said...

I adore your images Lee Ann. That cashmere sweater with fur trim is luscious!!

Come and join my Gorgeous Giveaway from Blydesign!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Anonymous said...

I finally had some time to catch up on blogging, and I am so happy to read this list (lovely, grown up things are such a delicious guilty pleasure).

I can't decide which day I want to steal from you. That train case looks DIVINE, but then I'd have to have some big Jackie O sunglasses, the Saturday sweater with mink, and a silver Astin Martin to go with it (always going for a total look).

Well, that does it. I'm starting the search for a train case. Life won't be the same unless I find one. :-)

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, what decadent plans for the week - j'adore! :)