Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gifts Galore!


Writing this blog has rewarded me with many gifts! Meeting lots of new friends, some who write blogs, some who don't, some have on line store that I have featured in my posts!


Now, another gift has been given to me, not once, or twice, but three times in the last couple of weeks!


I have been so honored to have received The Stylish Blogger Award from three blog sisters that I have been privileged to get to know. They are all stunningly stylish themselves and beautiful souls, too! I hope you will visit each of them and get to know these ladies who all have interesting and diverse lives to share:



Fay at A Melange et Moi...



Lisa at LesaPea Musings...




And Falling Off A High Heeled Life!




Thank you Fay, Lisa, and HHL!

To receive the award I am to reveal 7 things about myself...here goes!








1. I save anything sentimental...my grown son's schoolwork, cards from friends and family, anything with a memory attached. I even saved the love letters from my sweetheart I received at 19 never knowing that he would be back in my life after 27 years of no contact. You can imagine how precious those letters are to me now that he's back in my life...4 years now!

Vintage Love Letters from Reginas Studio.








2. I am extremely phychic. Maybe it's the reason for holding on to the afore mentioned letters. I experience deja vu often and have had MANY strange encounters that cannot be explained.

Upcycled Vintage Crystal Ball from Pug Pink.















3. I despise "slap bows"...you know those awful peel and stick kind that come in a 50 count bag for 2.99? I have been collecting ribbons for years now, and love to put as much thought into the presentation of the gift as the gift itself.


Vintage Satin Ribbon from Fini Ribbon.








4. I cannot stand asparagus! I can get physically sick just thinking about the taste and texture. Ugh! I do, however, love how pretty it can look as a decorative piece!


Majolica Asparagus Soup Tureen from Behind The Pagoda Door.








5. As a little girl, I loved playing "The Flying Nun". I even wanted to be one for a short time until I found out I couldn't have a boyfriend and had to wear the same thing everyday. 'Nuf said.




The Flying Nun Paperback Book from Polly Doodles Co.











6. I used to dream of being a professional ice skater. Although I have only been on ice skates one time in my life, at age 5 and on these kind of double blade skates, I would dream up whole routines in my head, choreographing twirl and glide, as well as the costumes and music that I would perform to...thanks to one Miss Peggy Fleming! I still love to watch it on TV!

Vintage Girls Ice Skates from Little Red Mercantile.











7. I love to learn about family history. I am lucky enough to know quite a bit about both sides of my wonderful and interesting family. These are most likely not my ancestors...I am a proud descendant of German pig farmers, two of which weighed over 500 pounds!

18th Century Oil Portrait from Once Upon A Time.









Now here are 10 AMAZING blogs I've found recently that deserve this award way before me...please visit them and follow if you can! I know they would love to hear from you, too!



1. Cupcake Caramel


2. The 'Thank You' Project


3. Casa Bella



4. Carla Loves Photography



5. Cafe Fashionista



6. Now So LA Vintage



7. My Passport To Style



8. Retro Chick



9. Coco Coterie



10. The Greedy Seagull



Just to recap the award rules;


1. Thank and link back to the person that awared you.


2. Share 7 things about yourself.

3. Award 10 great bloggers that you've recently discovered.



Have Fun Visiting New Blogs Today!

--Lee Ann















































































































9 comments:

highheeledlife said...

What a beautiful post! It is always wonderful to learn a little more about the friends we make in this virtiual world called BlogLand.

You are a living example that if something is meant to be it will be!!! So happy that you held onto those letters. Letters, cards and photos are the things I tend to hold onto ...

Wishing you a fabulous week..xo HHL

Anonymous said...

First, congratulations! You have a lovely blog full of beautiful things (because it is authored by a beautiful person). One of these days I'm going to order from the etsy stores you feature.

Second, you are very kind to include me on your list of blogs to visit. It is validation that people appreciate my point of view, and that like-minded people can "converse" even when so far away.

Third, you have some pretty fun facts about you! I clink my virtual champagne glass in your direction.

Silvia C said...

Oh, thank you for the kind mention! I am honored! I will take some time this week to work on the post. (I also love watching ice-skating shoes on TV!) Thanks again!

NowSoLA Vintage said...

Wow Lee Ann,
Thanks so much for including me on your list. I feel so honored! I'm still so new to the blogosphere & really appreciate the positive feedback and support.
I've really enjoyed reading your posts and it's wonderful to learn more about you personally in these 7 things (I could actually steal a few we have so much in common...#1,3,4,&7 lol). I will definitely accept the award and hope to get my post up a little later this week.
Again, thank you!!! Your an inspiration & I look forward to keeping up with you!
Kindest regards,
Lara @ NowSoLA Vintage

Retro Chick said...

Oooh thank you!

That's lovely. I must try and find time to do these!

x

Unknown said...

You have created a wonderful post around the Award you deserved million times over!Congratulations on receiving it!It was also so very interesting to read more about you.:-))) I would love to see your ribbon collection and we do share the same thing for collecting anything sentimental!:-)))

Cafe Fashionista said...

Congratulations on the award, Lee Ann - no one deserves it more! I am absolutely flattered that you would pass it along to me - thank you so much!! :)

thelittlereddoor said...

thanks for featuring my skates :)

NowSoLA Vintage said...

Thanks again Lee Ann...I was able to get my post up this afternoon.
Cheers! Lara
http://nowsolavintage.blogspot.com/