Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Looking Ahead To A New Week...




VALENTINE'S WEEK IS ALREADY HERE!



ARE YOU READY FOR IT?

SUNDAY...

What a nice way to enjoy breakfast with the one you love this week! Eggs aren't so plain when presented beautifully in these lovely vintage Limoges porcelain egg cups with gilded rims and charmingly designed to resemble the cracked edges of broken egg shells. The intricate gold and floral designs are like miniature individual bouquets in themselves.
From Jays Treasures.



MONDAY...

I thought this incredibly sexy, vintage Norma Kamali dress would be a standout in a sea of red and pink dresses for a romantic Valentine's dinner out with my favorite guy. Simple, classic and mysterious is how I'd describe this stunner, and I'd love to wear it with a favorite vintage evening bag decorated with beaded pink cherry blossoms! Pamcoco has wonderful items in her store, so have fun peeking in!



TUESDAY...

I recently found a very simple biscotti recipe on a favorite blog, and thought I might try it out this week. This colorful majolica jar, hand painted in Deruta, Italy, would brighten any cucina even on a cold February day, and store my baked goodies with style! It's from Belmodo.




WEDNESDAY...

We have been talking a lot about taking a cruise next year and do a little island hopping. This travel poster for Grace Line cruise ships just gets me wanting to start packing now! Available from Vintage Hand, this original lithograph, circa 1961 by the artist C.G.Evers, would be so fun to frame and hang in a family or game room!


THURSDAY...
My sweetheart just landed a huge job and will be traveling the country regularly. I'd love to surprise him with this vintage Louis Vuitton suitcase! The seller originally purchased this piece back in 1967, and says she would love to see it go to someone who can appreciate it as much as she does. Let me assure you, no one would love this baby like we do!
From Catskill Divine.



FRIDAY...

Invited a few friends for dinner, and I was thinking of a nice fish dish. Wouldn't it be fun to use this vintage bone handled fish set from Ollies Fine Things? The estate sale find is English silver hallmarked from Benjamin Preston of London c.1925. Both the knives and forks are etched with delicate scroll work and come in a blue velvet lined mahogany wood case.




SATURDAY...


We've been invited to a morning wedding with just a few close friends and family attending. This pretty peachy-orange silk dress and coat ensemble would be the perfect thing; something special with out being too glitzy too early in the day. It's trimmed in the yummiest chocolate brown mink at the dress hem and coat neckline, and embellished with the most elegant rhinestone brooch perched on that gorgeous asymmetrical collar. So ladylike!
From Red House Vintages.





AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT MY GIVEAWAY


FROM SIMPLY FRENCH VINTAGE!


Get all the details HERE...




Good Luck,


Happy Valentine's Day,


and


Have a Marvelous Week!


--Lee Ann












3 comments:

Roxy said...

Happy Valentines to you! These are some gorgeous things. I'm definitely inspired to add some lovely details to my celebration this year.

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Very pretty finds dear Lee Ann! Thanks for sharing and Happy Valentine's Day!

Cheers: Evi

Anonymous said...

A) I want the red dress in the first picture. I would look great in that dress...
B) Cruising is my DH's and my favorite way to travel, especially if you are on a smaller ship and go off season. The food is a let down, but it's magical being on the water.
C) Now I want a big consulting project so I can purchase that vintage LV case. So pretty! My precious...can vintage LV turn you into a troll?
D) My MIL gave me a set of silver that belonged to my DH's grandfather (he was a Danish immigrant). I use it every Christmas!