Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Looking Ahead To A New Week!

More planning, organizing and accomplishing of tasks this week...


...why not do it with a little panache?





SUNDAY...

Just because the Super Bowl party we will be attending will be a casual one doesn't mean I can't have a little fun with accessories! I know every one will notice this conversation piece from Horae. The gold and gunmetal football shaped bag is embellished with a little swirl of crystals for a little extra bling! Hey, it's a party, right?!


MONDAY...



Early Spring will bring some out-of -state family to our home for a visit, and I want to start sprucing up the guest room now. I keep plenty of space open for overnighters to hang their clothes in the closet, but having some lovely padded hangers that all co-ordinate with the decor of the room is extra decadent and welcoming. This is a set of twenty hangers covered in the happiest shade of marigold, and they are from 51VC.







TUESDAY...




I am lucky enough to have some wonderful old family photographs, many over 100 years old and from Europe. I have promised myself that I would catalog them correctly by having them properly stored and preserved, but I have also managed to make lots of copies to be able to keep out to enjoy and share. This vintage celluloid album from Whimzy Thyme is the perfect thing with a pretty maiden decorating the cover. The ideal task that is made for achieving on a cold winter weeknight!





WEDNESDAY...


I have been looking for a cashmere robe for my lingerie wardrobe, and I found this yummy fuchsia cardigan that I think is just about perfect! Why not! And it's at a great price. What a luxurious cover up to a sexy little Valentine nightie, too! Lotus Vintage NY.



THURSDAY...

My stack of mending is ever growing with shirts with missing buttons and hems that hang! The drudgery of this chore would so much nicer with a cute pink sewing basket from the 1940's filled with all kinds of vintage ephemera as well as useful items to complete mending projects!
Wave Song offers this great retro fondue pot in their etsy store...can you think of a better way to stay home and enjoy time with your loved one than by starting with a little chocolate fondue? Why not turn Valentine's Day into a whole four-day weekend?




SATURDAY...

My sweetheart and I are splurging tonight on an evening at our favorite jazz club downtown. They offer the best live music for a really romantic and chic date, and we love just enjoying each other's company and conversation over a lusty libation and great tunes! These vintage Julie London albums would be two I'd like to add to my music collection. Would you believe my parents actually owned the one with her wrapped in the fur? I can remember being so mesmerized by this album cover! Wanting to live a glamorous life started early with me, but I'm sure you already figured that out, huh? Both records available from Butterflye Moon.

Hope You and Your Valentine Start Early!


--Lee Ann









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely padded hangers. I have serveral on which I hang my lingerie, sweaters and thin-strapped tops and dresses. I just discovered that if you put sewing pins on the ends, the dresses/lingerie don't fall to the floor each time I peruse my closet.

Love your album covers! Retro is so much fun!!! No way could Lady Gaga pull off a classy pose covered in fur and Benjamins.

Whimzy Thyme said...

Thank you so very much for including my antique celluloid photo album. I loved reading you blog; it's so fun. Thanks again and I hope you have a great weekend.

Fay said...

fabulous beach photo enjoy sunday fay xx

Tina said...

Looks like a week of chic--thanks for including my sewing basket!