Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Looking Ahead To A New Week!

WHAT'S TO COME IN THE NEXT SEVEN DAYS?



LET'S SEE...



SUNDAY...


The Sunday morning newspaper and some classical music are the best way to start the week along with a cafe au lait, a little bowl of berries and some mini croissants. A relaxing morning can be topped off with pretty platinum trimmed floral dishes like these from Venus Vintage Home, which, for a great price, includes 4 each of cups, saucers, fruit bowls plus 1 small oval platter.



MONDAY...


Even with all of today's technology, I still like to have a little pad of paper and pen to carry in my handbag. This Judith Leiber set, in its original box and dust bag is just the perfect chic way to jot quick notes or menu ideas or remembering errands. I use them when I'm antiquing
to note booth numbers with items I might want to revisit. From Aunte Milie.





TUESDAY...




I am really good about drinking water all throughout the day, but would love to make a habit of finishing out the evening with an extra boost of H2O. So good for your skin, too! I think a pretty little decanter and glass on the nightstand, like this set from Pink Postcard, would be a great solution and allow for a quick sip in the middle of the night. I also have a lovely cut crystal piece filled with mouthwash in my bathroom...so much nicer than an ugly plastic bottle on the counter!




WEDNESDAY..



I will be on the hunt today for some nude color pumps which are being shown all over the
fashion magazines. This is one trend that I can live with, since the look is not only flattering to any woman's legs, but also very classic. With some sparkly shoe clips, like these fromVintage Repeats, I can wear them for evening, not to mention with other plain pumps in various colors that are in the closet.


THURSDAY...


Manicure Day! I've always been one to do my own nails, but this antique signed Tiffany & Co. sterling silver nail buffer would would be for my vanity dressing table only! From a seller called Sunday And Sunday, this Art Nouveau beauty is from about 1910 and would be lovely displayed with old perfume bottles or a silver brush and comb set.




FRIDAY...



I'm having my parents over for a little belated Valentine's Day affair and I planned on just a few hors d'oeuvres and wine...but maybe we'll do caviar and champagne instead using this amazing set! It contains 4 silver plate ornate dishes embellished with lovely mermaid and floral images, each with cobalt blue glass inserts and their own spoons. Divine! From Pascalene.




SATURDAY...


I'll be attending an antique show today and like to dress casual but chic when shopping them...most of these dealers are a little higher end and not so flea market-ish (although I love shopping those just as much!). I'd do dark wash jeans with black riding boots and belt with a cool gold equestrian style buckle, a crisp white shirt and top it off with this vintage 1950's cardigan.
Done in a neutral shade of lovely wool, it's fun horse themed riders add personality to this conversation piece. I love how the seller, Frankie Steinz, shows it with a little glitzy skirt, and with the satin covered buttons on the sweater, I could just change into a dressier skirt or slacks for dinner later.

Make This the Best Week Ever!


--Lee Ann









4 comments:

frankiesteinz said...

Love your blog, I will sure to check it out often. I like buzzing around with you on your week's adventure. Your beautiful selections are fantastic. Thanks so much for including my sweater in it.

frankiesteinz

Katy said...

Fabulous blog! Look forward to staying updated. I love the little bejeweled notepad. I am a sucker for rhinestones! xo

Anonymous said...

You always show the best items, Lee Ann. I loved everything, and can't pick a favorite. I'd never given serious consideration to shoe clips, but what an efficient, frugal and chic way to multi-task heels for day and evening.

I especially like your planned outfit for antiques shopping. I don't have scientific evidence to suggest that one gets a better "deal" if one is dressed better, but I know without a doubt that vendors are more courteous and willing to accept you as a serious buyer rather than a window shopper.

Easy and Elegant Life said...

I'd forgotten the mouthwash ... off to look for a decanter now. Great suggestion!