Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dressing Room Glamour!

Jean Harlow knew about it! So did other glamorous boudoir beauties, like Carol Lombard, Mae West and Betty Grable. A girl needs to look ravishing even when she's getting ready, don't you think?


(Photo via The Paris Apartment)



White marabou cuffs at the wrist of these long mesh sleeves are the starring attraction on this vintage gown! The plunging V-neckline tops the flattering empire waist with a sheer accent medallion From VelvetStone.




If you're going to wear feathers at your wrist, you might as well wear them on your feet! A girl should have these in every color for every season and situation! Available on Etsy from Sugar Lily.






A boudoir would not be complete without a lovely silver hand mirror, no? I'm in love with this Art Nouveau piece with delicate flowers and vines embellishing the back. You can find it at Cardinal 917.

Get Dressed Like a Movie Star Today!

--Lee Ann

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post! Reminds you that every detail is important when it comes to aesthetics.I love old Hollywood glamour, but often find myself in such a rush to get ready - simply no time to even think about putting on this fabulous slippers. :-)))

Laura said...

That mirror reminds me of being a little girl and watching my grandmother sit at her vanity and check her reflection in a gorgeous hand mirror very similar to this one. Thank you for that memory!

Stephie said...

So romantic. I love Hollywood glamour. I think I might have to dress up as a Hollywood starlet for Halloween now! Thanks for featuring my fun white dress. It is a treasure for sure!!