Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

LOOKING AHEAD TO A NEW WEEK!

THE DAYS ARE LONGER...


BUT THE WEEKS FLY BY!
CATCH THE BEAUTY OF THE SEASON NOW!


 SUNDAY...
A surprise romantic picnic at the park for my Sweetie today!  What a great way to stash a small quilt, a bottle of wine and two glasses, a little cheese and fruit, cloth napkins and don't forget the corkscrew (I always keep one in my makeup bag for emergencies...tee hee!)  This basket is from Vintage Saga.


 MONDAY...
My pedicure is scheduled for today and I think I'll request a nail lacquer in a pastel to compliment these retro looking summer wedges.  I love the dangling beads in all the prettiest hues of the season, and these would be perfect with Capri's for everyday to evening pajamas for entertaining on the veranda.  Available from
Very Tres Chic, and yes they are!


 TUESDAY...
Tennis lessen today and oh, how I wish we dressed like this to play!  I still love tennis whites, and I don't care if it's old fashioned, I think it's lovely.  Besides, I think it's an adorable way to come to the breakfast table, don't you, rather than pj's?  Visit Bread Butter Vintage to find out more about this cute 1950's piece!

 WEDNESDAY...
 I'm having a few friends over for a light lunch today...salad greens with red onion, feta and walnuts, and tall glasses of iced tea topped with fresh pineapple mint from my patio potted plant. How nice would these vintage sterling silver Tiffany & Co spoons/straws be?  Don't you love the leaf designs on the spoon bowls?  They look just like the fresh mint I'll garnish the tea with. Small details like this really make your entertaining so much more special!  From Urban Treasures on etsy. 

THURSDAY...
 Planning a few get-togethers and events this Summer is something I'll think about today.Perusing old entertaining and cookbooks is a favorite pastime of mine.  This one from Swan Creek Cottage looks like it has lots of great ideas for upping your hostess skills.  I believe we should strive to make every meal and event more special for those we love most, and The Bel -Air Book of Southern California Food and Entertaining not only suggests parties, like a romantic terrace supper at twilight, but provides the recipes for dishes to prepare and serve!  This is right up my alley!


FRIDAY...
Casual Friday nights can still be something a little special.  Serving homemade strawberry ice cream outdoors to a few neighbors and watching the free show the fireflies provide can make for the loveliest impromptu evening, especially when presented in pretty vintage sherbet cups like these in the classic Franciscan Desert Rose pattern.  And no matter that four of the ten available from Pine Haven 2 are slightly chipped; it just makes them more charming for using outdoors. 




SATURDAY...
A Saturday morning trip to the local farmer's market for a delicious shrimp and grits breakfast and produce to make your mouth water is where I'd use this collapsible vintage shopping cart from Assemblage 333.  It would be great for antiquing at flea markets, too.  I've seen these custom lined with vintage quilts to protect all the treasures you'll haul around while shopping, too.


Enjoy The Great Outdoors This Week...But Do It  With Style!

--Lee Ann


No comments: