Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Vintage Compacts!

I love this image of a glamour girl checking her perfectly applied make up in this fun compact! I've never been one to do the make up check in public, but might not be able to resist in showing off any one of the lovely pieces I've shown below!
(Photo via My Vintage Vogue)




This stunning piece would be a wonderful addition to a collection! The center powder and mirror compartment features a dramatic rhinestone medallion on the front, surrounded by a lipstick holder on one side and a perfume bottle on the other! Wow!
Dolphin Lady





I love the tassel made of sparkling crystal on this piece from 1929. The ribbed gold tone compact features a lovely beveled mirror on the inside.
From Power Of One Designs




Estee Lauder has had some beautiful collections over the years and this one is certainly just that!
It's appropriately called "Butterfly" and has gorgeous colors in the enameling and is embellished with amethyst, topaz and clear crystals! What a stocking stuffer idea!
From Volaurie.





A classic Fragonard image of lovers is depicted on the top of this wonderful compact from Paris and is stamped "Limoges"...so feminine!
Annies Oddities



I've always found ostrich to be such an interesting material and this cool compact would be so great, especially this season with textured leathers and fur so popular. This would be super for an edgier fashionista that isn't quite as girly-girl.
Baby Fiducia

Put Your Best Face Forward Today!
--Lee Ann





4 comments:

1111lifeisgood@gmail.com said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my vintage compact. I'm glad I was led to your blog so I could not only check out your charming birdhouses on Etsy, but could also connect with other like-minded people.

Connie

www.dolphinlady.etsy.com

K. R. Quinn said...

Hi Lee Ann,

I have to agree with you that I've never been known to do the make up check in public, but all these compacts are certainly worth showing off.

Thanks ever so much for including one of my compacts in the mix!

Warmest Regards,

Karen :o)

www.PowerOfOneDesigns.etsy.com

~G~ said...

What a doll! Thank you so much for including my Limoges compact. I love your blog and Etsy page..now a fave!
xo

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Anniesoddities

Red Door Home said...

All these pretties remind me so much of my grandmother. She had incredible taste and a keen eye fro design.